- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
BSI collects the following data:
Personal identifiable information (Name, email address, and IP address)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect at on-boarding. We collect and process all personal data when you:
- Register your password during our enrollment process
- Validate your ID
- Use or view our website via your browser’s
BSI may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Your University/College/Institution
- Place of employment
How will we use your data?
BSI collects your data so that we can:
- Verify user ID
- Manage your
- Identify signs of fraud or impostor log-in/access
BSI DOES NOT share any of your data with our partner companies.
How do we store your data?
BSI securely stores your data at one of several Microsoft Azure data storage facilities.
BSI will keep your information per the specifications of your organization. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from our servers.
BSI would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you have the option to opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop BSI from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the BSI Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
BSI would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request BSI makes copies of your personal data available to you. (We may charge you a small fee for this service.)
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that BSI correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that BSI complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that BSI erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that BSI restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to BSI’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that BSI transfer any data collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – BSI uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are
- Advertising – BSI uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. BSI sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us